Folliculitis is an infection of the hair root. Although folliculitis can occur in any area of the body covered by hair, most common locations are the face, scalp and areas that come in close contact with clothing (thigh).
Folliculitis is most commonly caused by Staphylococcus gold, which normally inhabits the skin, or fungi, especially in people with weakened immune systems. Folliculitis development is favored by skin Fucidin Krem lesions or damage to the hair follicle.
Types of folliculitis
* Bacterial (staphylococcal): superficial, common, often on the face, scalp, torso, thighs, buttocks.
* Fungal (Tricophyton, Pityrosporum, Candida) caused by waxing or shaving
* Noninfectious: caused by irritating clothing, excessive perspiration, makeup products, oils, fats that come in contact with skin
* "Hot water Folliculitis" typically occurs 72 hours after the patient took a hot bath or swimming in a thermal water. And many small blisters appear in the chest and sometimes on the arms and legs. The patient may have a mild fever and malaise. This type of folliculitis usually resolves spontaneously after a period ranging between 7 and 10 days.
Antiseptic (Betadina, Chlorhexidine) or antibiotic creams (Baneocin, Fucidin)
For serious or severe folliculitis doctor will prescribe an antibiotic in pill form (erythromycin, ciprofloxacin)
Antifungal agents griseofulvin, terbinafine
For folliculitis on the scalp or chin can use a shampoo based on selenium sulfide, selenium or propylene glycol.
In case of severe inflammation, the doctor may prescribe corticosteroid. For therapy-resistant cases of destruction of hair follicles, laser therapy remains the only option to improve the situation. As a side effect, in that area will no longer grow hair.
* Use an antibacterial soap
* Avoid scratching the affected area, because nails may further traumatize the skin, worsening this disease
* The use of razor blades in that area is recommended to be avoided unless it is indispensable, may be replaced with depilatory foam
* Use comfortable clothes, wide, allowing skin to breathe
* Avoiding the use of cosmetics